As the first part of an ongoing series, I’d like to tell you about what friends of mine are doing in their creative work.
- Sarah Young is the featured soloist (on oboe) with the Rhode Island Philharmonic Community Orchestra’s upcoming concert. If you’ll be in Providence this Sunday, the concert will be a lovely time.
- Halsted M. Bernard has a flash story published at Bewildering Stories: The Kettle and I.
- VP-mate Claire Humphrey has a story at Strange Horizons that’s a wonderfully angsty take on the Tam Lin tale, “Nightfall in the Scent Garden.”
- Elizabeth Bear’s new novel, Range of Ghosts, is out. I’m really looking forward to reading it.
- Liz Argall’s story, “The Rugged Track,” has been published as a podcast at Podcastle. Take a listen.
- Candra Gill is now selling her gorgeous handmade art-craft journals.
- Clarion West-mate S. L. Gilbow has a story at Lightspeed, “Alarms.”
If you have something you’d like to share, let me know.